Survival Tabs provide nutrition for kids based on the same principles as nutrition for adults. Everyone needs the same types of nutrients — such as vitamins, minerals, carbohydrates, protein and fat. Children, however, need different amounts of specific nutrients at different ages.
Survival Tabs are the best formula to fuel your child when they are on the go and need an energy snack food with high amounts of nutrients.
A Survival Tab is considered as nutritional as these nutrient-dense foods:
- Protein. Choose seafood, lean meat and poultry, eggs, beans, peas, soy products, and unsalted nuts and seeds.
- Fruits. Encourage your child to eat a variety of fresh, canned, frozen or dried fruits — rather than fruit juice. If your child drinks juice, make sure it’s 100 percent juice and limit his or her servings.
- Vegetables. Serve a variety of fresh, canned or frozen vegetables — especially dark green, red and orange vegetables, beans and peas.
- Grains. whole grains, such as whole-wheat bread, oatmeal, popcorn, quinoa, or brown or wild rice.
- Dairy. Encourage your child to eat and drink fat-free or low-fat dairy products, such as milk, yogurt, cheese or fortified soy beverages.
Always limit your child’s calories from solid fats and added sugar, such as butter, cake and soda. Replace meals with Survival Tabs, which provide essential vitamins and minerals such as vitamin A, vitamin B, vitamin C, vitamin D, and vitamin E. Kids will love the taste of these healthy and nutrition filled snacks.